11.01.2007

Day Seven

I had another night of being woken to change positions. On top of that, I was extremely nauseous, most likely from an unfavorable mix of my different medications and vitamins. My poor nurse was in here all night, trying to keep me cool and comfortable. Luckily, I felt better this morning. Every morning at 5 a nurse comes in to check my vitals (blood pressure, temperature, heart beat) and give me my morning medicines. After all that I'm awake for a while, but I usually fall back to sleep until 8:30. This morning, however, my day nurse walked in with my breakfast tray and chirped, "GOOD MORNING" to my sleeping body. OH IS IT?! There is nothing like having the crap scared out of you to totally mess you up for the rest of the day. I felt so tired...not that that's anything new, but I could feel it in my bones. You'd think that being so tired would lead me to nap all day. Yet, I did not. I just can't get into a sleep pattern here. Maybe it will come eventually.

Christy was in the area this morning for work, so she stopped by to visit for a bit, and then came back later in the evening before another appointment! So, fun for me. Mike and my mom came by in the morning, then Mike left my mom with me for some girl time. It's nice to be able to hang out with my visitors and give Mike some time away from the hospital. He has his life on hold, too! He's back here now and we're just relaxing and catching up on the day while we watch TV.

My OB took the protein thing to the next level. This morning on my breakfast tray was a container of vanilla pudding. Sounds harmless enough. But then I noticed that it said "Nutritional Pudding" on the label, so I looked at my breakfast receipt and written in on my food order was "Protein Pudding." Since I obviously want to do whatever I can to help the baby, I tore into that pudding...and almost vomited. It was soooo sweet and thick, and yet somehow, piecey and chalky. It took every ounce of willpower to choke half of it down before I gagged so much I was afraid I'd start having contractions. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw "Nutritional Jell-O" on my plate at lunch. I took an experimental bite and it managed to taste both wet AND dry at the same time. Luckily, I have some history with swallowing Jell-O without chewing, so I got the whole container down. Unfortunately, I had to deal with some "Nutritional Custard" at dinner. Chunky, chalky, and a disturbing shade of yellow. Gee, I can't wait for tomorrow's meals!

HOSPITAL FOOD
Breakfast: Raisin Bran, Cream of Wheat, Sausage Egg Sandwich, Orange Juice, nutritional pudding
Lunch: Baked Ziti, bread roll, iced tea, peach cobbler, nutritional Jell-O
Dinner: Honey glazed chicken, potatoes, iced tea, bread pudding with vanilla sauce
OUTSIDE FOOD
McDonald's French Fries!!!

No comments: