4.09.2008

March for Maddie



That video is hilarious, right? I have watched it about 47 times and I am still giggling. It's the perfect segue into my little testimonial for the March of Dimes.

So, as you all know, Maddie was born premature and blah blah blah, you know the story. When I was on bed rest I did a lot of reading on the internet about prematurity and found the March of Dimes. Their purpose is to improve the health of premature babies while providing support for families. They gave us a ton of support when Maddie was in the hospital, and Mike and I want to give back. The March of Dimes’ biggest event is March for Babies. We are very excited to be a part of the March on April 26th in Los Angeles.

Mike and I experienced firsthand the nightmare of having a premature baby. Luckily for us Madeline survived, but there were premature babies in the UCLA NICU - as well as across the nation - who did not. We want to help the March of Dimes eliminate prematurity so no one has to go through what did.

The March of Dimes focuses on improving the health of premature babies, and thanks in part to their efforts babies like Maddie have a far greater chance of survival than they did just a few short years ago. There is still a lot that can be done, however, to give every premature baby a fighting chance to survive.

I'm not telling you all this so you will feel bad enough pull out your pocketbook and donate - I work in sales and know that no one likes to feel brow-beaten. I am writing this to raise awareness. And I'm writing for selfish reasons, too. Mike and I would like to have another kid someday, and well, we don't want to spend an entire pregnancy living in fear that my water will again break prematurely. The March of Dimes is looking for causes of PPROM, the reason Maddie was born early.

By this point you are probably screaming at me to get to the point already! Most of you darling readers don't live in LA, so I can't exactly ask you to join our March for Maddie (although, if you DO live in LA, we'd love to have you!). However, there IS something you can do - it's free to you and will help raise money. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you might have noticed that I put ads on the page right when I put up my March for Babies banner. Every time an ad loads, I get paid a few cents. Every penny I earn from those ads is going to the March for Babies - and Mike and I are going to match that amount. So if you want to help us, send our blog link on to everyone you know. Everyone that loads our page will be donating a few cents toward a most worthy cause...babies like this one here:
How can you resist this face!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there walking right with you!xoxo

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable! Those eyes and that smile! Precious.

Kristin.... said...

She has the best smile! Love it.