11.04.2007

Day Ten

Did I really say yesterday that the time is going fast? I take that back! That was obviously Daylight Savings talking. Now that we're back to standard time, I can already tell that the days are going to drag. I had a nice morning today, though. My parents stopped in on their way home from a flea market. They spent some time with me, then went by my house to take Rigby for a few days. Right after they left, Christy and Jackie came to visit again! Jackie brought Madeline an adorable bootie/hat/blanket set. I can't wait to put them on her.

After the girls left, Mike came and we rested. I'd had a rough night so I was really feeling the need to sleep. Of course, I can never sleep more than 40 minutes before I have to change positions - my back and hips are destroyed from my prone position. Then, when I change positions, the baby also moves, slipping off her heart monitor. So then a nurse comes in to find her again. It's a vicious cycle. Tomorrow I have my glucose screening and tolerance test. I have to drink a sugary drink, then have blood taken to see how my body reacts to it. This will determine if I have gestational diabetes. It's a standard test administered to all pregnant women around this time, so it's not like my doctor has suspicions or anything!

HOSPITAL FOOD
Breakfast: Raisin Bran, Cream of Wheat, Orange Juice, decaf coffee
Lunch: Herb roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, iced tea, apple cobbler
OUTSIDE FOOD
Omelet Fresco from Bread and Porridge

No comments: