11.12.2007

She's Here

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I had some major bleeding, so the doctors decided I needed an emergency C-Section. Madeline Alice Spohr was born at 4:22 pm and weighed 3 pounds, 1 ounce. She came out crying and pink. After a few hours in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, it became clear that her needs exceeded what St. John's hospital could provide, so she was transferred to UCLA Mattel Children's Hospital. She is responding to treatment for heart and lung problems, but she has a long road ahead. We would really appreciate every prayer and wish for our little girl. She's a fighter but can use all the help she can get.

I am doing well and hopefully will be released on Wednesday from St. John's hospital. Mike has primarily been staying with Madeline at her hospital, so he is keeping me constantly updated. I'm looking forward to seeing her myself. I am in the post-partum unit now.

Thanks to all. I've attached a picture Mike took of Maddie. She looks super tough.

Love, Mike and Heather

No comments: